Monday, March 24, 2008

Public speaking

Tomorrow myself and 2 other interns will be giving a short 'Lunch and Learn' at the YWCA on Women's Rights in Swaziland. I'm pretty excited about it. I volunteered to introduce the topic and give a background to women's lives in the country. I wasn't sure I knew enough to give a speech or how well I knew my stuff. However it took me no time to come with an interesting (I hope) presentation and I'm eager to share what I've learned, seen and experienced.

I've been back for a month and it hardly seems possible. My tan is now gone and I still curse the weather every time I step outside.

I've applied for a few jobs and keeping my fingers crossed. I was going to go to a temp agency and just find any kind of job but now I've decided to take the month of April and really look for a good 'career' job. If I can land something I like, can learn from, and give to the community, I'll forgo school. I think I'd much rather take some time and get a job I love than go back to school. So over student loans.

PS Isn't this photo amazing. I was always impressed watching women walk about town like this.

No comments: