Wednesday, January 16, 2008

i had a little chuckle at myself this morning. i have some nausea today and am really bloated (and no, it's not my period). it's extremely hot (37degrees without the humidity) but i don't think it's that. i just feel ill.

i thought i'd turn to my ol'friend google and see if i could find the cause. using google to research illnesses is always bad news - you end up having symptoms for everything. anyways i type 'bloating, nausea and africa'. before i even get the results i'm laughing. it could be anything and everything here! i've taken my health for granted in canada. the water is always clean, the food is safe to eat, there are no bugs in my food, clothes, shoes, hair, in my bed, shower, at the gym, in the shops, on the streets (well there are but not like here) and so forth. i'm excited about having a kitchen minus the ants and other exciting creatures.

anyways, point being, i feel sick today. i know 2 of the other canadian volunteers aren't up to par either. one girl thinks she has a parasite. i hope i just have the flu.

No comments: