Wednesday, February 6, 2008


Had such a wonderful 30th birthday. It’s official. I am now 30 AND FABULOUS (that was the theme). Weekend started with a camping trip to a beautiful park up in the mountains. Lots of walking, wholesome food, campfires and relaxing.

Sunday afternoon I met my friends at a local hangout. I was presented with a homemade cake. Yummy. It was hot and sunny and everyone was in fine form. Early evening got a little messy though (of course….it was my 30 and fabulous party). Marisse and Tim handed me my accessories for the evening: tiara, silver gloves, white and silver boa and a wand. I was a queen that night and acted like a royal pain in the ass I’m sure. It was everyone’s intention on getting me drunk (luckily most joined in too). ‘Special’ palm beaches that taste like juice however aren’t combined with shots of southern comfort (thanks susan), tequila (thanks Carolyn) and the worst ever – the hand grenade. However I was in bed by 11pm and up at 5am to go the gym. Yes, I’m 30 and fabulous.


I’ve made a few goals for myself for this year. Though I’d share the list in case you’re interested:

Vegan and wheat-free diet for one month (my two weeks of meat eating are over)
Half marathon in May (lots of training needed)
Fit properly into my clothes again (pants are a pretty snug…as long as I don’t bend over)
Learn to cook a few good dishes
Take a yoga class
Take a dance class (modern or African)
meditate more
Volunteer with an anti-poverty group

No comments: